Network Management

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Airwave upgrade from 7.7.x to 8.0.4 resets HTTPS timeout for IAP in groups to 1 min

Hello all,

I am seeing the following happening when I have upgraded AMP servers from 7.7.x (7.7.4 and 7.7.11) to 8.0.4 where the HTTPS timeout setting in the AMP group gets reset back to 1 min.

This has caused some issues with Device Up alerts being triggered.

I am currently having TAC investigate but I wanted to know if any of you have noticed this behavior as well?

Highlighted

Re: Airwave upgrade from 7.7.x to 8.0.4 resets HTTPS timeout for IAP in groups to 1 min

I haven't heard much feedback regarding IAPs on 8.0.4 yet.  But I will have someone on the QA team try to reproduce this in the lab.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Highlighted

Re: Airwave upgrade from 7.7.x to 8.0.4 resets HTTPS timeout for IAP in groups to 1 min

It looks like it's not a reset value.  Default value for the field is 5 minutes.  QA ran a few tests and upgrades from 7.7 to 8.0 maintain the set value in Group -> Basic.  I'd be interested in what TAC finds.

Rob Gin
Highlighted
MVP Expert

so tac got back to me, he upgraded from 7.7.4 to 8.0.4 and had a default 5 min https timeout and it remained in 8.0.4.

What's interesting is that that means someone changed all of our groups or at least a major chunk of them to 1 min.

What happens if you change the default from 5 to 10 min, then upgrade to 8.0.4? I'd be curious to know
Highlighted

The test was done by changing different groups to 1, 3, and 30 min threshold prior to upgrade.  The result was the same, the groups maintained their setting post-upgrade.

Rob Gin
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Ok great thanks Rob
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: