Network Management

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave with Cisco APs rogue containment

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave with Cisco APs rogue containment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2014 12:36 PM

Just wondering with Airwave and Cisco APs, can Airwave trigger a containment of a rogue?

I see from the documentation that it can detect and manage, but wondering if it can be configured to trigger a containment on the cisco APs, or is that something that is configured on the Cisco?

A competitors proposal is specifying Airwatch, which can apparently do that.  I'm sure Airwave can, but wanted to confirm.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Airwave with Cisco APs rogue containment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2014 03:23 PM

• 3.  RE: Airwave with Cisco APs rogue containment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2014 02:36 AM

Thanks, that's great.  Was looking for what needed to be done on the Cisco side as well.

Would be great if there was an integration guide for Airwave & Cisco, like the one for Airwave & Aruba which is excellent.  I'll figure it out though.

:-)

• 4.  RE: Airwave with Cisco APs rogue containment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2014 03:20 PM
    Really I need to know if this containment can happen automatically from Airwave to a cisco WLC. We have a very large airwave and clearpass deal that hinges on this. Can anyone else share any experience of airwave with a cisco wireless and rogue containment?