Network Management

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Re: Airwave won't pull in ap-105 previously deleted

You are welcome! Please mark this topic as resolved if you are satisfied with this resolution :smileyhappy:

Highlighted
Contributor II

I have not seen a "resolution" or "work-around"; just an explanation.  I ca except that explanation, but it does on solve resolve our issue.

Still waiting on TAC for my issue, they are looking at possibly replacing the AP.  We will see.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Yeah, I agree.  If and when a new controller code fixes this, I'll mark it as resolved. 

Highlighted
Contributor II

I was given two bug IDs, by TAC, that are (or may be) relevant.  Can someone here pull those out of the database for review?  Please?

The bug id are : 54939 and 60800

Thanks.

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

54939 is the defect I was referring to before. It has been fixed and will be available in a future release. 60800 is a duplicate of the same issue.

Highlighted
Contributor II

So is that the solution?  To wait untill a future release?  Will it be the next release?  Just wondering if I need to press for a replacement AP.  Is it the AirWave or the controller code that will be fixed?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

@phil wrote:

So is that the solution?  To wait untill a future release?  Will it be the next release?  Just wondering if I need to press for a replacement AP.  Is it the AirWave or the controller code that will be fixed?

The problem is that the controller is not sending information on APs whose mac address ends in EF or FF when being polled via SNMP.  The AP works fine on the controller, but Airwave does not receive information on that AP from the controller when it polls it via SNMP.

The bug is in the controller code.

Again, the AP will work just fine, it is just that Airwave does not receive information about the AP via SNMP when polling the controller.  With that being said, there is nothing wrong with the AP or Airwave, so you cannot RMA the AP.  Since you have a tac case open, you can request to be notified when the fix will appear in shipping code by the TAC engineer.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Contributor II

Thank you.  I can accept that explanation, no problem.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Thanks to Muir for tracking this down.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Contributor II

Yes, thanks Muir. :)