Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS 8.2.1.0 - I can't delete a Virtal AP Profile

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS 8.2.1.0 - I can't delete a Virtal AP Profile

Posted May 30, 2018 03:41 PM

As i was settting up our 7210 controller i created a few profiles to create Virtal APs.  Now I need to delete those profiles, but i cannot seem to get them deleted.  Sketch.png

As you can see it states that the configuration is inherited.  Where can i find the top level of inheritance for the profile?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS 8.2.1.0 - I can't delete a Virtal AP Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2018 03:49 PM

SSH into the MD (controller) and Type:

show configuration effective detail | include virtual

Press the space bar until you get down to the WLAN Virtual-AP section and it will tell you.

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS 8.2.1.0 - I can't delete a Virtal AP Profile

Posted Oct 08, 2019 08:46 AM

Thanks for the command...fixed my frustration.

Command I used: 

show configuration effective detail | include [/md/xxxx

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS 8.2.1.0 - I can't delete a Virtal AP Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2018 03:50 PM

Make sure there's no AAA profiles assigned to use that Virtual AP.  If there is, you need to set them to either default or create a new AAA profile for them.  Once there are no AAA profiles, a VAP can be delete.

• 5.  RE: Aruba OS 8.2.1.0 - I can't delete a Virtal AP Profile
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2018 04:50 PM

Thank you for the quick replies, which was helpful informaiton.  It appears that in the Aruba OS 8.2.1.0, the "mobility Controller" heading has configurable settings, which are a higher level than any setting made on a node below it.  I have found that some settings can only be made on a node, such as setting a static IP address for a VLAN.  Once i selected the highes level "mobility controller" from the navigation on the left hand side of the screen, i was able to delete the profile. for the virutal AP