Network Management

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

Posted Jun 18, 2020 04:11 PM
      |   view attached

Hi all,

I am having a strange problem in which I am unable to upload the AirWave upgrade file with the default name, but I have no issues doing so after renaming it to something much simpler (amp.gz). Of course, when trying to initiate the upgrade, it will not locate the amp.gz file because it does not have the correct name and I am not provided sufficient access to use mv to rename the file correctly. I have checked to ensure that I am typing the filename properly.

Attached is a screenshot of the problem.

airwave.PNG

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2020 05:01 PM

Could we double check the MD5 value for the upgrade package we downloaded with the one on support site to make sure its not corrupted?
    Also, could you have it under / or some path in the SCP destination and try once?

• 3.  RE: Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

Posted Jun 18, 2020 05:19 PM

The MD5 values match.

I created a subfolder in my SFTP root named amp and moved the file there then add amp/ to specify the subfolder. Still the same problem. I also tried without the leading /

airwave2.PNG

• 4.  RE: Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2020 05:52 PM

As an alternative could we try creating a SFTP user on Airwave and use that to login to winscp and upload the file? Below are the steps from release note on how to create the user from ampcli

SCP.png

• 5.  RE: Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

Posted Jun 18, 2020 08:19 PM

That allows me to connect, but when trying to rename the existing file or upload a new file, I am getting permission errors.

Forgive me, somehow I am working with two separate accounts now. I am the OP.

• 6.  RE: Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2020 01:55 PM

Do we get permission denied even if we upload it to the usr directory?

• 7.  RE: Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

Posted Jun 23, 2020 12:34 PM

I am unable to upload to the usr directory. It is a permissions error.

• 8.  RE: Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2020 05:33 AM

If you are not able to upload file using temporary SFTP user to /user folder try move it to /tmp directory, later with the help of TAC you can move the file to /var/ampcli/user folder.

• 9.  RE: Cannot upload AirWave upgrade file

Posted Jun 23, 2020 12:35 PM

I do not have a /tmp directory, only a /usr directory. So it sounds like I need TAC to resolve this.