Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Clarity interpretation - what's a good 802.1x Auth or DNS query time?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clarity interpretation - what's a good 802.1x Auth or DNS query time?

Posted Jan 03, 2018 07:56 PM

I'm just getting a look at Clarity for the first time - I've been following others' here on the Airheads Community, but not been able to get a site upgraded until last week.

The site is a 35 iAP205 installation, now running 6.5.4.3-6.5.4.3_61959

I've got Airwave 8.2.5 and CPPM 6.6.8.100017

Clarity shows two auth-types in use between the iAP swarm and the CPPM servers: MAC Auth and Dot1x with 22 and 1207 milliseconds "auth.time," the first in green and the second in orange.

What should I be seeing for Dot1x auth times and how can I dig in to see why it's so slow? (I don't know it's slow, I'm trusting Airwave's making it orange as an indication that it could be better)

What is the sample for DNS queries? do the iAP report on every DNS query made by clients, or only within a certain window of time after they associate?

We fixed our DNS query timeouts by sending a message to the server team asking if something was wrong - the speeds improved and the timeouts went away - but we haven't heard what they did yet. 

• 2.  RE: Clarity interpretation - what's a good 802.1x Auth or DNS query time?

Posted Jan 06, 2018 03:02 PM
    Airwave has default thresholds that categorize the colors so those can be adjusted. Not sure with the setup you have which is slow or not.

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: Clarity interpretation - what's a good 802.1x Auth or DNS query time?

Posted Jan 06, 2018 03:02 PM
    Airwave has default thresholds that categorize the colors so those can be adjusted. Not sure with the setup you have which is slow or not.

#AirheadsMobile