Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Client Roaming issues

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Client Roaming issues

Posted Apr 19, 2019 10:01 AM

Hi Airheads,

What is the meaning of "mu steer" log in Airwave client details page? I am not able see any explanation. Pic below

Capture.JPG

Issue: Client is frequently reporting roaming issues. I have enabled client match, 802.11k,r. This is a 7205 controller with 315 AP. Client device 802.11ac(Oneplus mobile). No signal issue. SNR is perfect

Any suggestions airheads?

• 2.  RE: Client Roaming issues

Posted Apr 19, 2019 10:17 AM

Adding further note, I am seeing exactly 10minutes of assocaition with mutiple AP's on everyday logs? Is it strange?

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

• 3.  RE: Client Roaming issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2019 12:10 PM

Your 2.4ghz band power is too high if ClientMatch has to band steer it all of the time.  The 5ghz band range for your radio should be at least six above your 2.4ghz band range. 

Mu steer is the steering of a multi-user mimo client. 

• 4.  RE: Client Roaming issues

Posted Apr 19, 2019 12:21 PM

Thanks Cj,

If i disable mu-mimo steering? can i reduce roaming issues?

This particlar client(as seen logs) is frequently getting disconnected for every 10 minutes during roaming

or any suggestions?

• 5.  RE: Client Roaming issues
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2019 12:29 PM

nu mimo is the least of your problems.  The power range of the 2.4ghz radio vs the power range of the 5ghz radio is your problem.  The fact that client match has to steer your client from the 2.4ghz band to the 5ghz band all of the time means that your 5ghz band radio is not high enough.