Network Management

last person joined: 5 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring IAP VC with Airwave backup IP setting

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Configuring IAP VC with Airwave backup IP setting

Posted Nov 15, 2018 05:23 PM

I am looking for the prefered methode for Configuring IAP VC with Airwave backup IP setting? Does the DHCP option 43 cover this? If so I can't locate documentation that shows the format?

We are useing Group IGC config. There is an option there under System>Admin Airwave, AirWave backup IP. But using this seems rather dangerous. First you need to allow the config under AirWave settings. Then hope that it does not overwrite what DHCP has deliverd to the IAP VC. Also I have seen that the setting often will not push to the VC's?

• 2.  RE: Configuring IAP VC with Airwave backup IP setting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2018 04:15 AM

Option 43 don't support send amp backup IP.

For Airwave, general all devices of same group have same ams ip and backup ip. 

right now, if want to VC has differnet backup ip, only admin page entrance.

• 3.  RE: Configuring IAP VC with Airwave backup IP setting

Posted Dec 03, 2018 04:01 PM

The problem is in the Airwave Group with IGC enabled. Airwave settings are greyed out normaly and ignored as part of the Group config push to VC's. But for this scenario, no alternative seems available? We wish to do site ZTP to a group with IGC enabled. For an out of box IAP, DHCP delivers Organization, ams IP, ams key and after Group config push VC is up and working. But no simple way to set the backup ams IP from the initial config push? If you are carfull you can do a per VC override just for the ams backup IP. But it's very messy. Get it wrong and you can wipe out the ams IP and leave the VC standed.

• 4.  RE: Configuring IAP VC with Airwave backup IP setting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 12:38 AM

airwave.png

After enable upper option, you can set ams ip and ams backup ip.