Network Management

last person joined: an hour ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring multiple MAS from one Airwave group

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Configuring multiple MAS from one Airwave group

Posted Jan 24, 2015 12:19 PM

Hi!

I want to use one group in Airwave to manage the configuration and firmware of many Aruba switches. Is there a way to easily make "per device" configuration? Lets say I want to add a VLAN to one switch but not to the rest. What I´m looking for is a bit like the override feature for Instant GUI config in Airwave where we can click one specific cluster and make changes just to that cluster.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

• 2.  RE: Configuring multiple MAS from one Airwave group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2015 12:22 PM
    Yes, when you click on the switch and go to manage, you'll see override options on the bottom right. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Configuring multiple MAS from one Airwave group
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2015 01:22 PM

Christoffer,

If the switches are all in the same group, you cannot have just one switch have a unique vlan. Said another way, if all switches have vlan 10 and 20, but you want one switch to also have vlan 30, an overide will not address the issue (sorry cappalli). That is an AMP limitation today for configuration of the Mobiliy Access Switches and Mobility Controllers. The assumption has always been that switches in the same group would only have minor variations in things like IPs, hostnames, etc, and not whole new elements. I would recommend submitting an idea portal entry for this.

However lets say you have one set of switches that need to have vlan 10 and 20 and another set of switches that need vlan 30 and 40 and they ARE in the same group, you CAN do that by using a bulk override. What you'll do is click on "Modify Per-Device Settings" on the VLAN itself and you can adjust what the VLAN ID will be across a variety of switches.

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 12.51.51 PM.png

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Madani

• 4.  RE: Configuring multiple MAS from one Airwave group

Posted Jan 27, 2015 10:55 AM

Thanx for all your answers. I´ve made an RFE to simplify this in the style that Instant GUI config looks in Airwave. If you think this is a good idea you can help out by promoting the idea:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/prm/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08740000000LHJu