Network Management

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Hostname in Airwave incorrect?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Hostname in Airwave incorrect?

Posted Aug 22, 2019 02:41 PM

Hi

Can anyone tell me why although my two controllers hostnames are different that Airwave picks them up and gives them the same hostname?

(BFS-AH-WLAN-1) #show hostname

Hostname is BFS-AH-WLAN-1

(BFS-AH-WLAN-2) #show hostname

Hostname is BFS-AH-WLAN-2

When you click into each one the serial info is unique and correct but the display name shows duplicate hostname:

error.png

This has happened on another site as well.

• 2.  RE: Hostname in Airwave incorrect?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 04:07 PM

Does the hostnames show as same in Device list page? Does it show proper names in individual controller monitor pages? I am sure you have done manul poll to the controllers. One thing you could try is to change the hostname of Hostname is BFS-AH-WLAN-2 in controller manage page and poll the controlelr to see if the name reverts back to Hostname is BFS-AH-WLAN-1. If so, then the SNMP response from controller some how responding with wrong name. 

• 3.  RE: Hostname in Airwave incorrect?

Posted Aug 23, 2019 03:41 AM

OK so I am not sure how I fixed this.

I checked the port and SNMP information and amended it as it was incorrect.

Also I then added the Mobility Master 1 and 2 to Omnivista.

The names are displaying correctly this morning.  Not sure which fixed it but I don't mind as all is how it should be :) 

Thanks for your help!