Network Management

MVP

I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

Hi,

I had to move the disk of Airwave on a Hyper-V host to another Hyper-V host.  I had to set up a new VM and then add the existing disk however it has now lost it's IP information - problem is as it is now locked down I can't get in to edit the network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file 

Is there any way around this or will I have to involve support?

Thanks

MVP Guru

Re: I had to move Airwave - it has lost it's IP information

Are you not able to console directely in to Airwave VM instance itself ?  We wont be able to SSH in to server, if we server does not have IP address but can console.

May I know the Airwave verison? If it is 8.2.6 and above , login in to AMPCLI, and choose option 8 (Advanced)>> Configure Network Settings

Advanced
1 Restart Application
2 Reboot System
3 Configure Network Settings

If you still have issues in configure network setting, reach TAC.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP

Yeah it is 8.2.6 and trying to go to the configuration network settings it says

Oh,Oh

We have an interface file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts for eth0 but it has no corresponding hardware

MVP Guru

It looks MAC address has been changed in eth0 file in /etc/ directory we need to manually update for that we need to mount Airwave ISO and get in to linux rescue mode to make changes.

Open TAC ticket.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP

Hi Pavan,

I have managed to fix it.

You are correct it seen a new mac address so was incrememtning the ethernet interfaces.

To fix I went back to my old Airwave VM and got the mac address assigned to the eth0 interface.  I then used a static mac address on the new VM and set it to the same mac as the previous machine.  It has now booted with correct IP information.

Thanks

Scott

New Contributor

Which Linux Distribution are you using? Modern Linux installations often do not use the elder "ethX" naming scheme anymore.

An example (from my desktop) running ArchLinux:

*-network
             description: Ethernet interface
             product: Ethernet Connection (5) I219-LM
             vendor: Intel Corporation
             physical id: 1f.6
             bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.6
             logical name: eno1
             version: 00
             serial: d8:9e:f3:33:41:39
             size: 1Gbit/s
             capacity: 1Gbit/s
             width: 32 bits
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
             configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=e1000e driverversion=3.2.6-k duplex=full firmware=0.1-4 ip=192.168.114.138 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=1Gbit/s
             resources: irq:31 memory:92f00000-92f1ffff

As you can see, the device has got an alias name of "eno1".

You can have a look with tools like dmidecode, lshw, lspci for the specific network device you should configure for your VM.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: