Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC - Backup config - retention

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  IMC - Backup config - retention

Posted Oct 15, 2020 04:44 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a way to set a limit of backup config history in IMC. We have an auto backup plan set and we want to set a limit for the retention backup history to 5 points. Actually we have a lot of backup running and startup / device and we want to reduce that number(using a lot of space on our server.).

Regards,

Nicolas

• 2.  RE: IMC - Backup config - retention

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:38 PM

Quickly poking around I didn't find a configuration to impact the retention, but as far as drive space goes you may want to check iMC\client\backup.  That is where data is exported to the database to flat-files.  The data export is on by default, and I've seen that put GBs of data on large systems that have been running for some time.  The compressed exports inside the subfolders can be deleted if they are never going to be used for anything.  The data export triggers are configured @ system --> system configuration --> Data Export​

There probably is a way to configure the # of backups to retain for the configs, but I didn't see it​.  You can change the backup directory to a mapped NFS share, the backup directory is configured in a file on the server (IMC/server/conf/qvdm.conf) "CfgBakDir = <backup dir>"

Beyond that I would suggest contacting support to see if there is a way to impact it.

------------------------------
    Wade Wells

• 3.  RE: IMC - Backup config - retention

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2020 01:33 PM
    Found it:

Service --> Configuration Center --> Options --> Backup Policy -->
    Center of page: under "set Type" (row of radio buttons) select Max Backup Configuration History Days
    Default 180 Can be adjusted within range 1 - 1825.

Looked there before, but overlooked the radio button that impacted the setting we were looking for.

Wade Wells