Network Management

Frequent Contributor I

Incomplete category in AppRF?

Hello,

What exactly does that category represent?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Incomplete category in AppRF?

It means a full app fingerprint is not available for the traffic.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

This may be due to ‘in-progress’ + ‘failed to classify – after classification timeout’ sessions.

It’s ideal to show only the ‘failed to classify’ session as ‘Incomplete’; since we can’t find any equivalent ‘app-id’ as part of DPI-Vendor supported app-list, we went ahead with ‘Incomplete’ for ‘in-progress’ sessions.

Our engineering team will try to enhance this further to show ‘incomplete’ only for ‘failed to classify’ session.

All Replies
Highlighted

It means a full app fingerprint is not available for the traffic.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks - I'm not quite sure what that means -

Is it a new app that isn't yet part of a database?   If so can that DB be updated by the end user?

Highlighted

The traffic has either not been identified yet or does not match an application.

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

This may be due to ‘in-progress’ + ‘failed to classify – after classification timeout’ sessions.

It’s ideal to show only the ‘failed to classify’ session as ‘Incomplete’; since we can’t find any equivalent ‘app-id’ as part of DPI-Vendor supported app-list, we went ahead with ‘Incomplete’ for ‘in-progress’ sessions.

Our engineering team will try to enhance this further to show ‘incomplete’ only for ‘failed to classify’ session.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: