Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

Posted Feb 12, 2020 04:13 PM

Hi guys,

I've performed a very simple config job (enable tftp client) on 65 switches which worked great.  However, I didn't select the baseline option and I now have 65 switches in 'Mismatched' status.

Does Airwave have a way to mass-accept a new baseline?

Cheers

• 2.  RE: Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 04:25 PM

There are multiple ways to achieve this from AirWave. If all the switches are in same Group in AirWave, you can edit the template to have this config and will be applied to all Switches. Same way from Group > Switch config you can do that. Alternatively, you can create a Config Job using snippets and in the job, use running config as 'Base line' config and select the switches. to push the config. Please test with couple of switches before doing for all 65 of them.

• 3.  RE: Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

Posted Feb 12, 2020 04:45 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply Gowri.  Everything is in "Monitor Only + Firmware" mode, so I don't think the options exist from the group - correct me if I'm wrong here.

I tried running another job (just with a "show system" command) across them, this time ensuring I selected baseline in the job, but this still left them in a Mismatched state.

• 4.  RE: Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 06:07 PM

That is correct. With Monitor and Firmware only, the options are not present to push config to switches.

Show system command is not a config command. It's more of show commands. The mismatches would be for different config.

• 5.  RE: Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

Posted Feb 12, 2020 06:14 PM

Hi - I know show system isn't a config command - but it wouldn't let me create a job (to tick the baseline box) without a command, and I didn't want to run a config command.  The job still ran, and issued the show system command as expected.

But it still didn't set the current running config to the baseline anyway.

So there's no way to fix this other than running through each switch and accepting the new baseline?

• 6.  RE: Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 06:18 PM

Got it. you were trying to make the running config to baseline by running a show command. Unfortunately, this works when a config is pushed to switch and then gather the the running config to be base line config.

For now, the best option is to do on each switch. However, i recommend to open a feature request in ideas portal to have a bulk edit for this.

• 7.  RE: Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

Posted Feb 12, 2020 06:26 PM

Correct.  But this did actually reach out to each switch - which I can verify because we can see the ClearPass logons (along with what airwave ran on the switch).

In this case, it logged on, got the running config and logged off

configure
    console local-terminal none
    session interactive-mode disable
    terminal width 1920
    include-credentials
    show running-config

It did this twice (which is weird, but normal for airwave it seems).

It then logged on again and ran the requested command, followed by a (unnecessary) save command

configure
    console local-terminal none
    session interactive-mode disable
    terminal width 1920
    include-credentials
    configure
    show vlans
    save

Airwave then got the running-config again.  Twice.

So running any arbitrary command as a config job should work then shouldn't it?

• 8.  RE: Mass-accept New Airwave Device Config Baseline

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2020 05:04 AM

Default Airwave do audit with Group Template, we can change it to "Baseline Config" under Groups>Basic page.

Capture.PNG