Network Management

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Max Number of devices on Airwave 8.2.7

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Max Number of devices on Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Oct 14, 2019 03:43 AM

Hi, 

Can someone tell me what the max number of devices Airwave 8.2.7 can have please?  The last bit of information I can find regarding this is 4 years old.

Thanks

Sean

• 2.  RE: Max Number of devices on Airwave 8.2.7

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 14, 2019 04:03 AM

Pro Appliance : 1500 Devices.

Enterprise Appliance : 4000 Devices

Central Ready Appliance : 4000 Devices.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AW.pdf

If you have a VM, then it depends on the specs of the VM. The DS includes the physical hardware specifications if you need to compare.

• 3.  RE: Max Number of devices on Airwave 8.2.7

Posted Oct 31, 2019 10:24 AM

Thanks Craig,

Can you confirm its a maximum of 4000 managed devices and the devices are just AP and not controllers please?

It the document it states 4000 managed devices but I am just a little cautious becasue my Airwave server is coming up to 4000 devices but not all of them are managed, I have appox 1000 devices in monitor only + firmware upgrade.

Thanks

Sean

• 4.  RE: Max Number of devices on Airwave 8.2.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2019 12:29 PM

Devices in Airwave refer to AP's, controllers and switches. Devices which are added to a group and folder whether Monitored or Managed are counted towards the license usage,

• 5.  RE: Max Number of devices on Airwave 8.2.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2019 03:01 PM

It includes the total devices added on Airwave, which includes both APs and Controller(managed and monitor).