Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Nightly Backups & MM

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Nightly Backups & MM

Posted Oct 16, 2019 08:29 AM

Hi,

Quick question regarding the nightly backups on airwave.  When running a mobility master environment and the config is done at the folder level at each site, I see that you can find the config under the ID of the mobility master under flash backup flash>ccm>full - here it shows you a break down of all the config at each folder.

My two questions I need help with are:

1) Does this file modified date update every time a change is written to memory? And then it is backed up nightly as per backup

2) If I want to restore the full config to a Mobility Master (in the event I needed to rebuild it) can I just use this flashbackup to do so?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Nightly Backups & MM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2019 12:19 PM

Hi,

The controller configs on AirWave will be under 'Config' tab for the spoecific device.

1. Yes, everytime the config is changed on the MM and saved, the same will be updated in Airwave on the day but at the audit time (which is dailiy). So, if previous audit happend at 3:20 PM, there's a config change on the controller at 9:20 PM same day. The new config will be backed by AirWave next day at 3:20 PM. As the Audit for devices is daily by default.

2. These Archived configs saved per device in AMP are part of Nightly backup. For above scenraio, if the nightly backup happens before the daily audit and post the config changes, the new config may not be archived on AMP, yet.

Also, please be aware these archived configs in AirWave are 'show running config' from MM and MD's, this will not have the full node heirarchy config.

• 3.  RE: Nightly Backups & MM

Posted Jan 21, 2020 05:55 AM

I have a concern that the Nightly backups are not functioning correctly - what is the best way to check?

The jobs are showing as successful however some of the recent config I can't find in the backups - although it is hard to find as the config is scattered all over device IDS.  Is there an easy way to check backup configs when using a MM and you have configured different bits of config at certain levels?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Nightly Backups & MM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 07:13 AM

If controller backup finished succefully in Airwave , you can compare the Archieve backup files with current device configuration in Devices>Config page.

• 5.  RE: Nightly Backups & MM

Posted Jan 21, 2020 07:30 AM

How do you view the device config in airwave?

I'm in the devices tab and have a list of the devices but can't see one to view config

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Nightly Backups & MM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 07:55 AM

We need to click on any NAD device under Devices>List page, to view Devices>Config tab for that specific NAD.

• 7.  RE: Nightly Backups & MM

Posted Jan 21, 2020 07:57 AM

I'm not seeing that are you able to send a screenshot?

Thanks

• 8.  RE: Nightly Backups & MM
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 09:47 AM

Capture.PNG

• 9.  RE: Nightly Backups & MM

Posted Jan 21, 2020 10:57 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this it helped me find this menu - I can see that my MM both had errors for the ssh passwords not matching so hopefully this is why the backup configs do not match.  I will report back tomorrow and hopefully they will have backed up correctly over night :)

Thanks