Network Management

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

No clients with ArubaOS CX

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  No clients with ArubaOS CX

Posted Jun 11, 2020 12:16 PM

Hi there,

I'm running the latest AirWave, and added some AOSCX switches (6300M).

While they show properly, no clients are shown, even tho I have clients connected to the switch. I can even see the ports "UP", but nothing connected there.

Any ideia what can be the problem?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: No clients with ArubaOS CX

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 07, 2020 03:06 PM

Hi,

What firmware ? what do you are using for authentification ? mac or 802.1x ?

• 3.  RE: No clients with ArubaOS CX

Posted Jul 07, 2020 04:12 PM

Hi,

Firmware is 10.04.3000 .

No Auth. They are just regular vlan access ports with some test devices connected. Some are configures as trunk, with some Aruba APs.

I can see the (LLDP) neighbors, but "Monitor > Neighbors > Connected Devices" table is empty. Connected Devices table is also empty for "Devices > Interfaces > Interface".

Regards

• 4.  RE: No clients with ArubaOS CX

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 08, 2020 09:28 AM

Hi,

Need to have "Auth" go get clients info !

• 5.  RE: No clients with ArubaOS CX

Posted Jul 08, 2020 09:38 AM

Need to have auth to know what is connected to a port?!

Is this CX only?

Because all my other non-CX switches show what is connected to each port ("Connected Devices") without any kind of auth.

This is what I see when I click the "Interface" details. There is one Aruba 505 connected, yet it shows no "Connected devices" (I should see here the Aruba 505).

aiwave.png

Doing the same on all my other Aruba (non-CX) and Cisco switches shows the AP under connected devices properly.

• 6.  RE: No clients with ArubaOS CX

Posted Jul 08, 2020 09:51 AM

snmpwalk for the CX switch also only shows info under LLDP table.

No "connected devices" are present with SNMP.

I had checked my options for snmp-server, but the only thing I can configure is system location, contact and communities. Nothing about enabling more info/MIBs.