Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

RFplanner pixilated Generated drawing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RFplanner pixilated Generated drawing

Posted Aug 23, 2016 11:54 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Airheads Community,

I am using the RFplanner of Aruba to draw heatmap for a client. The tool is actually nice, but when i Generate the Bill-of-material to get the heatmap drawing i notice that the same floor plan illustraton looks pixilated. Unlike the waivie and smooth drawing created on the browser, its counterpart on the BOM is boxie and edgie. I cant find any settings to fix this. Was this encountered by any of you? Can i have the same quality of the browser drawing with the BOM drawing?

I attach a jpeg drawing that display a side by side comparison of the same heatmap floor plan comparing browser quality and BOM quality.

Thank you

Rommel 

• 2.  RE: RFplanner pixilated Generated drawing

Posted Sep 13, 2016 05:20 AM

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me woth this one. Just to add on this thread i also tested other (older) version of vissualRF aside from the lastest version. Also tested VisualRf on different laptop but still i am getting same results where in original heat map drawing looks sharp but the generated Bill-of-materials diagram is really edgy. I really like to have a better output so i can use this freeware for my designs.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: RFplanner pixilated Generated drawing

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 13, 2016 08:16 AM

Hey, which version of VisualRF are  you using? I know the latest version is browser based and heavily realiant on Java as well. Have you tried a different browser or re-installing Java and VisualRF? Also try clearing your temporary internet files and %temp% as well since this sometimes helps.

• 4.  RE: RFplanner pixilated Generated drawing

Posted Sep 13, 2016 10:53 PM

Hi Zalion,

I am using the latest (version8), i also tried using older version (7). When i lunch the RFplanner it always open IE browser so thats what i always use for RFplanner only.. And yes my Java is recent as far as i know my last update was just last month.

I have no problem with the GUI of the RFplanner, all are really working properly. What i find distorted is the heatmap when i generate the BOM already

see link i created for the comaprison of the GUI heatmap(very good) vs BOM heatmap(pixilated)

comparizon: http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/NetworkManagement/5457/1/rfplanner.jpg

Thank you