Network Management

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Reports for installed and uninstalled APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Reports for installed and uninstalled APs

Posted Feb 12, 2020 01:44 PM

Hello community:

I have a network with 3 mobility controllers (2 as local and 1 as master). All APs are registered at 2 local controllers and master controller is used for high availability and for configuration tasks. Also I have 2 Airwaves managed by a Master Console.

I would like to know if it is possible to get a report of APs installed and unistalled through time. is it possible?

Best regards

Karlink

• 2.  RE: Reports for installed and uninstalled APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 02:04 PM

AirWave gets the data from controllers. If the AP's are uninstalled, Airwave will not be able to get the info from controllers. For Installed AP's, there are several reports on AirWave which will give you different data based on your needs.

• 3.  RE: Reports for installed and uninstalled APs

Posted Feb 12, 2020 02:10 PM

Hi Gowri:

I would like a report through time with the amount of APs installed. I mean it would be great if exist a timeline with the number of APs installed. This report will help me to know the license usage and maybe use it to make some projections.

• 4.  RE: Reports for installed and uninstalled APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 02:19 PM

AirWave do store historical data of devices up to 60 months by default (can be increased to 120 months) or till the deletion of the device from AirWave. The reports for license usage can be run for controllers and other device summary/Inventory reports daily/weekly or monthly.

• 5.  RE: Reports for installed and uninstalled APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2020 05:27 AM

If you are looking for license usage, we have "Aruba License" Report Definition which provides license usage info along with "Inventory" which provides number of devices provisioned in your network.