Network Management

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Route-Based VPN on 7005 Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Route-Based VPN on 7005 Controller

Posted Aug 03, 2020 09:13 PM

I have some 7005 controllers at branch office sites that I want to connect to Azure through a site to site VPN. I will like to use a route-based VPN rather than policy-based. I come from a Cisco background and with Cisco I would create vti interfaces. I have searched again and again but could not find any mention of route-based vpns on Aruba. Perhaps I'm using the wrong terms. Does Aruba support this and if so where in the controller gui or which commands do I need to use. I just need to be pointed to the right direction and should be able to figure the rest out.

Thanks

Peter

• 2.  RE: Route-Based VPN on 7005 Controller

Posted Aug 05, 2020 12:37 AM

Wow, nobody?

• 3.  RE: Route-Based VPN on 7005 Controller

Posted Oct 15, 2020 09:01 PM

Still no response after two months. I guess this means it's not supported. I wonder if Aruba employees check these forums. Just surprised that no one even took a few seconds to say "sorry, we don't do that".

• 4.  RE: Route-Based VPN on 7005 Controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2020 09:31 PM

This community is not only supported by employees; it is supported by hundreds of users like yourself who can provide great answers and perspective to other users.  I have no idea if VPN to Azure is supported, so I personally cannot comment on that.  If other users did it successfully, I'm sure they would weigh in.  Sometimes things that are not supported actually work.  In this specific circumstance you have the option of opening a technical support case to see if indeed it is supported or not, for doing the things you want it to do.