Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Simplest and cheapest way to get ClearPass for lab setup?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Simplest and cheapest way to get ClearPass for lab setup?

Posted Feb 25, 2020 08:28 AM

Hi!

I am new to Aruba gear but we've been recommended to look at ClearPass for a NAC/Guest Network setup. I've seen some reviews and videos from YouTube, but find it a bit hard to get a clear overview of what we need to get started. Hoping for some good advice here

We have several vendors that can deliver Aruba and ClearPass, but they are either just a webshop where we order what we know we need, or they are trying to sell us more than just ClearPass. So before we get to more spesific questions with our vendors I need some recommendations to get us started.

We are look for ClearPass for two spesific tasks:- 802.1x port authentication for our Cisco switches(mainly 3750G which are up for replacement this year)- "Guest" wireless network where we can register users and give them quota limits for a reoccuring time period(APs are Unifi AP Pros)

We would like to keep our current hardware for the time being. We have plans to upgrade and replace but for now replacing them is not a part of the project/budget.

So I am looking for a reasonably priced setup for lab and demoing the software for a start, with something that we can move into production for a small site office with few users.

Is the C1000V virtual appliance or C1000 physical server the easyiest entry point? Someone told me that it would be possible to by a 505 AP with an additional ClearPass license, and get startet with a 1/4-1/3 of C1000V or C1000. They have not tried it themselfes but they thought it might be possible

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Simplest and cheapest way to get ClearPass for lab setup?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 12:10 PM

Please contact your Aruba account team. They can provide eval ClearPass license and min specs to run on a VM. 

• 3.  RE: Simplest and cheapest way to get ClearPass for lab setup?

Posted Feb 25, 2020 12:38 PM

Contact your preferred Aruba partner. They will be able to supply a EVAL license with one Product Activation Key and three feature licenses, each one for On Guard, On Board and Access.

You'll be fine running a virtual appliance with minimum specs for the lab.