Network Management

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Status: Up (Error fetching existing configuration) - 8.7.0.0

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Status: Up (Error fetching existing configuration) - 8.7.0.0

Posted Oct 05, 2020 11:07 PM

Just wiped (write erased all) a pair of Aruba 7010 Controller and install 8.7.0.0. On the Mobility Master, I'm running 8.7.1.0. I provisioned both 7010s on the Mobility Master and configured SNMP v3 settings. I added both MDs into Airwave(8.2.10.1) and report online and up.

After confirming connectivity, I attempted to download the configuration. I just performed the same steps for the MM and was successful. Airwave is unable to pull the 7010 configuration. The following error appears: 

Error (Telnet/SSH Error: (pattern match timed-out) in password prompt: ssh: connect to host x.x.x.x port 22: Connection timed out ).

In Airwave, under Devices/Manage/General, I confirmed the IP Address, SNMP Port and SSH Port. I verified and re-entered the Community Sting, SNMPv3 username/credentials and the SSH username/password. In addition, I performed the same steps on the Managed Device profile on the MM.

After several resets, I'm still unable to pull the config. Performed packet trace on the FW and confirmed communication between MD and Airwave. Rebooted both the Managed Device and Mobility Masters.

When I attempt to run a command from Devices/Monitor/Run Command, a popup window appears with the command bar, Run....etc buttons. But, no results appear.

• 2.  RE: Status: Up (Error fetching existing configuration) - 8.7.0.0
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2020 11:23 PM

100% username and password in Airwave for that MD is not correct OR traffic is not being allowed back to Airwave.

• 3.  RE: Status: Up (Error fetching existing configuration) - 8.7.0.0

Posted Oct 06, 2020 08:58 AM

So, I reset the password for the MD in Airwave and on the Mobility Master. I'm able to log into the MD 8.7.x.x (WebUI/CLI) using the same username/password in Airwave. And I see the successful SSH login session in Clearpass. Will try another write erase all on the MDs and reset of the keys.