Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Templates in Airwave 8.2.11.0

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Templates in Airwave 8.2.11.0

Posted Jul 07, 2020 01:35 PM

Looking for some guidance on setting up some Templates to use for a global config.  

Right now, I've got the "fetch" of an existing controller config, however I have several controllers I want to base the template off of.  I am doing a monitor only...so I am using these templates for auditing only.

Also to note, there are specific pieces within the template that will vary.  i.e.  snmp location; vlan id, etc. 

I'm looking at the template variables as being a viable option, but my mind is working in overdrive as to what the values should be.

if i create a variable of "pre_fix", can I add the values of this variable pre_fix being something like

site1

site2

site3

site4

and have this template applied and working across 4 sites where this "pre_fix" variable applies?

Ultimately, is there something i can read to get a better understanding how the template variables are used?

• 2.  RE: Templates in Airwave 8.2.11.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 08, 2020 02:47 PM

Hi,

Currently templates in Airwave is per group. So, the variables cannot be used for other groups. When you say site - does it mean different VC? If so, probably 'if' and 'else' statements with variables in template can be used for different VC's in same group.