Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

Posted Mar 18, 2019 09:41 AM

Hello community

We are running the latest AirWave version 8.2.8.1 and are trying now to pull out some traffic analysis WEB caegories reports. For compliance reasons we have the requirement to export all user detail WEB traffic analysis on a weekly basis, filtered to a certain SSID and user role. The visited WebSites are visible in AirWave per destination and per user and destination.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

If we are doing a traffic analysis => user detail report, we are limited to the amount of 50 users and must also select which user we want to include in the report.  This is unfortunately not feasible for us because we must provide the detail report for every user on a weekly basis.

Pic4.jpg

The question is now if there is a possibility to perform a detail user report and export the WEBcc details on weekly basis, filtered by SSID and user role?

And if not is there another way to export the WEB detail data?

• 2.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2019 11:47 AM

Try run traffic analysis report in defenition set this value high and check the status

Number of Applications/Destinations to include in summary (Greater than or equal to 1):

• 3.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

Posted Mar 19, 2019 06:36 AM

Hello Pavan

Unfortunately, the standard traffic analysis report, were you can set the Number of Applications/Destinations to include in summary greater than 1, is not providing any user details. The report is providing only summary's in varios combinations (per SSID, per destinatin, per protocol etc.)

Our requirement is to get all the user detail WEB traffic analysis on a weekly basis, does mean from each user which destination he has reached.

Regards

Marcello

• 4.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 08:59 AM

Yes, I do see in the Traffic report it is not providing user details it looks some issue in latest code.

It is software limitation to not to export all the destination info of user in report, default we can export only three destation even if you set retetnion to one day or weeks in report definition.

I would recommand you to file feature request for this requirment at  http://innovate.arubanetworks.com/

I will update case owner to look in to the User data empty in report.

• 5.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

Posted Mar 19, 2019 09:10 AM

Hello Pavan

Thank you for testing and helping here. I opened in parallel to this post a case on the HPE support site, a Aruba engineer is working on it. It's a feature request needed, or can we move forward in the meantime with the support case?

Kind regards

Marcello

• 6.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

Posted Mar 19, 2019 09:30 AM

Hello Pavan

Feature Request NMS-I-1289 AirWave traffic analysis WEB categories reports opened.

Kind regards

Marcello

• 7.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 09:56 AM

Hi Marcello,

I missed adding users details in definiton thats why I am not seeing data for users section in report. After adding users, able to see the data. Max we can add only fifity users in definition.

Include details for users matching:

In latest version, I see more than three destination but their is limit of 50 users only.

• 8.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 10:02 AM

Try run report once and check if it helpful for you or not. Max you can run for 50 users in single definition.

• 9.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

Posted Mar 26, 2019 03:49 AM

Unfortunately, the manual selection of 50 user is not feasible for us, we have the requirement to capture all detail traffic from all users on a defined SSID. There is no solution for this today in AirWave, was confirmed by Aruba support. Also direct read of the data by accessing the postgres database or accessing over API’s is not possible or not bringing the expected results.

The pity is that all the information is stored in AirWave, but unfortunately only for 30 days and there is no possibility to get it out from the system to store it somwere else.

As posted already, feature request raised for that.

• 10.  RE: Traffic analysis WEB categories reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2019 06:30 AM

Yes, I did see your feature request and PLM team looking in to, Hope in future release they may consider your requirment.