Network Management

last person joined: 5 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual controller is contacting RADIUS server with incorrect IP address

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Virtual controller is contacting RADIUS server with incorrect IP address

Posted May 15, 2020 07:11 PM

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with network access/dhcp on a new wireless network. Clients can connect, but fail radius authentication and have 0.0.0.0 as their IP address. I've created a radius client for our VC and entered that in the Instant Config for the new VC. The IP address of the VC is 10.200.50.4 and that is what I have configured as the RADIUS client. When I look at the event viewer, I see failures from a client with an IP address of 10.200.50.24, which is the IP address of the AP. There is only one AP in this cluster at the moment. Why would the VC be trying to authenticate with the AP IP address? I can't figure out where I've gone wrong, so if anyone has some insight as to what is going on, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Mark

• 2.  RE: Virtual controller is contacting RADIUS server with incorrect IP address
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2020 08:34 PM

Turn on dynamic radius proxy, so that there will only be a single ip address as the source ip address:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_85_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/authentication/conf-dyn-rad-pro.htm?Highlight=dynamic%20radius%20proxy

• 3.  RE: Virtual controller is contacting RADIUS server with incorrect IP address

Posted May 15, 2020 09:15 PM

Thanks, that worked perfectly. I can see devices lease IP addresses now. Also the logs on the RADIUS server have cleared of the errors.

Strange thing is that this option is not set for our other school sites and has been working for years. Not sure why that would be, but if it's not broken, don't fix it!

Thanks again for your help,

Mark