Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Visual RF won't load after enabling App RF overlay

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Visual RF won't load after enabling App RF overlay

Posted Oct 25, 2018 07:10 AM

Hi,

I am unable to view any of our maps since turning on the App RF overlay in the map view. Now whenever I open up a floorplan it displays but is greyed out underneath a loading bar and I am unable to turn off App RF or do anything. The map loads properly in the background along with APs and users locations. It is as if it is attempting to load up the App RF overlay data but never actually does. As everything is greyed out I can't turn off App RF overlay to fix this issue so am now stuck unable to actually use our maps. See picture below. I have moved the actual floorplan out of view as it shows our users on the floor plan.Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 12.08.22.png

I asked a colleague to check this on their account and the same happened and now they are unable to access it as well. Is there any way to fix this? It happens with all browsers.

We are running AirWave Management Platform 8.2.1.1 on physical hardware.

Thanks.

Edit:

I have just found a way to reset this. Had to create a new floorplan and then it reset the view and turned off the App RF overlay.

So now the question is why does App RF overlay never load up?

• 2.  RE: Visual RF won't load after enabling App RF overlay

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2018 09:27 AM

8.2.1.1 is pretty old release (2 years old, 12 releases ago - current release is 8.2.7).  It's possible that it was a defect in that build that's already been resolved, but can't be completely positive without seeing logs.  If you're looking for a definitive answer, you can start by viewing the VisualRF log.  Or you could open a support case, but there's a chance they'll suggest upgrading since they aim to get most customers on 8.2.6/8.2.7 releases at this point due to security enhancements and other bug fixes.

• 3.  RE: Visual RF won't load after enabling App RF overlay

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2018 12:15 AM

I would also be interested to know on the server specs. Is it a VM or an Appliance?
    What is the Memory, CPU etc alloted to the instance?

• 4.  RE: Visual RF won't load after enabling App RF overlay

Posted Oct 30, 2018 09:16 AM

Is the machine underspecced for memory?   Every problem we have had with VisualRF not loading/working correctly has been resolved with added more memory.  It is a pig thats for sure.

• 5.  RE: Visual RF won't load after enabling App RF overlay

Posted Oct 30, 2018 09:21 AM

Hi,

It is a physical machine and specs I believe are 

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2637 v4 @ 3.50GHz 128GB MEM

I have heard that it is memory hungry although not sure if 128GB is a lot when it comes to Airwave?

Cheers

• 6.  RE: Visual RF won't load after enabling App RF overlay

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2018 10:23 AM

128 GB RAM seems good, but there are some more variables.

Not all of this is dedicated to VisualRF.  Other things to look at:

VisualRF Setup -> Memory Allocation

Number of floor plans

Number of APs

Number of clients at peak

Gridsizing of floor plans

To get better in-depth look, I suggest getting TAC to review this.  You can get their assist to help fine tune some of the performance toggles.