Network Management

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF Downsizing Floorplan JPGs

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  VisualRF Downsizing Floorplan JPGs

Posted Oct 17, 2019 11:45 AM
      |   view attached

Several years ago, we imported floor plans for all of our schools into VisualRF.  We imported them as high-res PNG images (8100x5850).  If I zoom in on the floor plan, the text (room numbers) is clear and legible.  When I export the plan, I can see the original PNG file, and the converted JPG that VisualRF uses.  The JPG is the same resolution (8100x5850).

Today I uploaded a floor plan for a new school.  I uploaded the same size PNG as before, but when zooming in on the floor plan, the image quality is much worse.  I exported the floor plan, and I see the original PNG (8100x5850), but the JPG that VisualRF created is only 2047x1478.  

Why is VisualRF downsizing my nice high-res image?

We are on Airwave 8.2.7.1.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: VisualRF Downsizing Floorplan JPGs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 11:56 AM

Could you share the image which you are trying.

• 3.  RE: VisualRF Downsizing Floorplan JPGs

Posted Oct 17, 2019 02:13 PM
      |   view attached

Sure, here you go.

• 4.  RE: VisualRF Downsizing Floorplan JPGs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 02:20 PM
      |   view attached

I have uploaded the file on latest AMP version (8.2.10) and the complete zoom on the image shows as attached. I see its been good. Please note VisualRF claims supports upto 2500X2500 Feet. The attached floor plan has about 6000X600 Feet. So, the resolution is dimisnished. 

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Origianl_zoom_on_AMP.pdf   25 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: VisualRF Downsizing Floorplan JPGs

Posted Oct 17, 2019 02:26 PM
      |   view attached

Thanks for trying that out.  Once I properly adjust the scale of the image, it's more like 650 x 400 feet, so that should be OK.  

Here is a screenshot of the full zoom quality I am seeing.

Question - if you export that floor plan and go into the ZIP file, do you see a "background.jpg" that is still the full 8100x5850 dimensions?

• 6.  RE: VisualRF Downsizing Floorplan JPGs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 02:31 PM

The background.jpeg for me was 5000X4200 as I trimmed the extra space while loading the original image. The attached image from your server is pretty blurry. I beleive the version of Airwave you are on probably has an issue. If you upgrade to 8.2.9/latest 8.2.10, you should see better quality images.

• 7.  RE: VisualRF Downsizing Floorplan JPGs

Posted Oct 25, 2019 12:00 PM

I confirmed with Aruba Support that this is a bug in 8.2.7.1.  Larger images are downsized to ~ 2000px wide, causing poor image quality.

In 8.2.9, the image quality is improved, however, the images are still downsized to ~5000px wide.  I am told by support that the 5000px bug will be fully fixed (no downsizing) in 8.2.10.1.  Quote from support:

"This has been reported as a defect DE33186 and the fix is in 8.2.10.1."

Hope that helps!