Network Management

last person joined: 5 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF not showing correct number of connected clients

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VisualRF not showing correct number of connected clients

Posted Jan 05, 2016 04:22 PM

Hi,

I'm using Airwave 8.0.9.2 and my VisualRF shows only 30 clients but I have 70 as seen by my Client tab. My server memory allocation is already set to 8Gb. What could be the reason and what adjustments I have to make?

Ariel

• 2.  RE: VisualRF not showing correct number of connected clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 11:40 AM

Please open a support case.

Troubleshooting lack of client placement requires logs and some xml output which TAC will be able to extract.

Some additional information that helps:

How many floor plans do you have in VRF?  How many AP/Devices monitored by AirWave?  How many clients (average) on your network?  When you noticed the behavior, was it during peak client activity on the network?  What types of network devices are in your deployment?  If you have Aruba devices, do you have AMON setup to help gather location data (AMON allows for transmissions of location data at 1 minute intervals as opposed to SNMP polling limitation)?

• 3.  RE: VisualRF not showing correct number of connected clients

Posted Jan 06, 2016 01:20 PM

Thanks Rob.

To add, my Aruba IAP firmware version is 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1_46936.

I have 3 floorplans, 13 Aruba devices (12 APs and a VC). I noticed it since I installed Airwave. My number of client always doesn't match on the VRF as seen on my Client tab. Only Aruba IAPs on my deployment. My polling is already set to AMON.

Ariel

• 4.  RE: VisualRF not showing correct number of connected clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 01:28 PM

Oh this is an Instant deployment.  In this case, you'll definitely want to go the support case route, since there's different debugging tools used to gauge Instant communication with AMP.