Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

WDS Airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  WDS Airwave

Posted Mar 19, 2013 09:10 AM

Hi

I have various APs with WDS. Why is not able to take the role? All shown me as a AP client. Is there any script that I can run?

Thanks

Regards

• 2.  RE: WDS Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2013 11:29 AM

AirWave will show the state of clients that is relayed by the controller.  What role does the controller show the clients as having?  Are these Aruba controllers?  If so, if you go to the controller's monitor page, use the 'run command' and select 'show user-table'.

run command.jpg

• 3.  RE: WDS Airwave

Posted Mar 19, 2013 12:30 PM
      |   view attached

I think I have not explained well. When I say to client I am referring to AP role.  Add Attachment.

All appear in client AP

Thanks for your help.

Regards

• 4.  RE: WDS Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2013 07:45 PM

I think I know what you're talking about.  This is something that's configurable on some Cisco IOS APs right?  I'm going to look around to see if I have any APs that support WDS around.  In the meantime, can you confirm your AMP version, type of device, and firmware version?  Also, opening a support case would also be a good idea.

• 5.  RE: WDS Airwave

Posted Mar 20, 2013 08:34 AM

Hi 

Yes, this is something that's configurable on some Cisco IOS APs. The APs cisco are: 

Cisco Aironet 1100 IOS, 12.3(8)JED1

The version is AMP™ 7.4.7.

Thanks

Regards

• 6.  RE: WDS Airwave

Posted Mar 26, 2013 08:24 AM

Hi Rgin

Do we know something of this? I just now am getting AP for AP to change the role of every AP, if it is master, backup or client.

Thank you very much

• 7.  RE: WDS Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2013 12:02 PM

There may be a defect here, but I don't have a WDS device to confirm.  Can you open up a support case?  They will collect the appropriate data to confirm if the feature is working properly.