Network Management

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap

Posted Feb 14, 2016 04:31 AM

What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap <bssid>?
    I can see options in Match Type as AP-Wired-MAC and Eth-Wired-MAC. I read somewhere there are various other options GW-Wired-MAC, Config-Wired-MAC and External-Wired-MAC. Though I get a Match MAC address under the AP-Wired-MAC does it mean the Rogue APs wired MAC is the Match MAC.
    I also see a Helper AP BSSID and found that it is a BSSID of one of my Valid APs, what do they mean exactly. If anyone can brief me in Simple words will be helpful.

• 2.  RE: What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2016 09:22 AM

Please see the documents in the post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Troubleshooting-Rogue-Detection-on-the-controllers/ta-p/174892

It might not exactly answer your question, but it will answer a number of them and explain how rogue AP detection works.

• 3.  RE: What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap

Posted Feb 20, 2016 09:10 PM

Thanks Colin,

Though I had gone through them earlier and had checked in Aruba Controllers and from there the question came to my mind.

Some have a AP Wired MAC, Some as GW Wired MAC , Some as Eth GW-Wired MAC. The document certainly helps but I was looking for some further brief.

Thanks again.

Ranjan

• 4.  RE: What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2016 10:32 PM

I think you should post the output of commands so that we can comment on the ouput succinctly.

• 5.  RE: What does the Match Type ,Match MAC and Helper BSSID result mean in  show wms rogue-ap

Posted Apr 27, 2016 05:45 AM

Thanks Colin,

I will paste some of the outputs of Rogue device detected in our network. Hopefully that will make it more clear.

Regards

Ranjan