Network Management

New Contributor

how can i track the application level traffic from specific user.

Hi All,

i would like to find out the application details from the browser for specific wifi user device, so suggest how to find the details (controller GUI / airwave) ?

Thanks,

Raja

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Re: how can i track the application level traffic from specific user.

If your controller OS version is above 6.4.2.x  you can check the same from dashboard APPRF feature. APPRF displays all the traffic catagories and the user(s) traffic catagories. 

null

the web traffic would be normally classified just as 'Web' in the catagory. If you need specific inspection of what the 'web' traffic could be, it is possible in 6.5.x.x versions however you would need a Web Content  classification or Web CC License. Web CC license is a subscription based per AP license, which can classify all these web contents until the subscription time is over (example 5 years of subscription period). This is mandatory if you need to know what is the web content traffic, if not, its just classified as 'Web'. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

If your controller OS version is above 6.4.2.x  you can check the same from dashboard APPRF feature. APPRF displays all the traffic catagories and the user(s) traffic catagories. 

null

the web traffic would be normally classified just as 'Web' in the catagory. If you need specific inspection of what the 'web' traffic could be, it is possible in 6.5.x.x versions however you would need a Web Content  classification or Web CC License. Web CC license is a subscription based per AP license, which can classify all these web contents until the subscription time is over (example 5 years of subscription period). This is mandatory if you need to know what is the web content traffic, if not, its just classified as 'Web'. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

super Sri, i got the required info.

Thanks for you help.

Thanks,

Raja

Highlighted
MVP Expert

If you have Airwave server in your network  it will make your work easy instead of searching for specific user on individual controller, we can search  client mac in Airwave and look for Traffic Analysis where you can see all application detials of that specific clinet.

We have Traffice Analysis page under HOME.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: