Network Management

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

it is possible to know the ip address that a client had a week ago with airwave?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  it is possible to know the ip address that a client had a week ago with airwave?

Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:11 PM

if for example i have been on my organization and i have been going a week.  And i want to know what ip address i had on wednesday and on friday, it would be possible with the reports?

Maybe doing a report from august 1 to august 7 and see the different ip addresess i had assisned those days?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: it is possible to know the ip address that a client had a week ago with airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:44 PM

Yes, Client assoication history in the Client > Details page Association History table will show the past association information.

Please note the number of days the client history goes back is based on data retention settings for inactive users and client association under AMP Setup > General > Historical Data retention settings.

• 3.  RE: it is possible to know the ip address that a client had a week ago with airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:46 PM

Also Client session report > advanced options > include details of every session will show the session history of clients. The report can be run for one client mac address.

Please note that selecting this option is huge data load to database and history is based on data retention settings.

• 4.  RE: it is possible to know the ip address that a client had a week ago with airwave?

Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:51 PM

i think i explain my question in the wrong way

what i really want to know is the fallowing

if the security team ask me,  the ip 192.168.10.10 had a unexpected behavior  on august 1

who had that IP that day?

I wouldnt be able to see that information the way you telling me, i guess it would be possible with a report, but its a guessing.

Has anyone configure something like that?

Carlos

• 5.  RE: it is possible to know the ip address that a client had a week ago with airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 05:18 PM

you can search with IP adress in the search bar and use the small arrow button in the search to search for historical and active client data. This will list all the devices that had that IP address in the past with association times.