Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

need to join oem dell iap-205 to join arubanetwork iap-205

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  need to join oem dell iap-205 to join arubanetwork iap-205

Posted Aug 05, 2020 06:39 PM

I am having problems joining our (vendor oem) dell version iap-205 with the existing arubanetworks version iap-205 cluster in instant (instant.arubanetworks.com:4343/).  Can you please tell me how to make the devices work together?  We're a school with a limited budget that needs to get wifi working before school starts.

is there a common firmware that i can flash my oem dell iap-205 devices with?

Thank you in advance for your help!

• 2.  RE: need to join oem dell iap-205 to join arubanetwork iap-205
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 06, 2020 02:51 PM
    1. Find out the SKU... in this case it is JW213A
    2. Go to aruba support portal (https://support.arubanetworks.com/default.aspx) and look for the aruba support portal (as of today it is here: https://asp.arubanetworks.com/)... FINALLY look for the tab (or category or link if it's not a tab nav) and go to "software and documents"
    3. Do a search for the sku found in step 1
    4. From results of that found sku go to filters nave and filter the following: by product: "aruba access points," by product series: "Aruba200 Series Campus Access Points" AND "Aruba270 Series Outdoor Access Points" [i also have a 275 external that needs to be updated], and by file category: "software"
    5. Make sure to power down ALL aruba related ap's on the network
    6. Power on ONLY dell oem ap's
    7. Use angryIP to find the dell oem ap's (ports 80,443 are indicators the ip may be an dell oem aruba ap)
    8. Use that ip and login directly from browser (may get exception error which you can just add to whitelist on browser to get to the webui page)
    9. Go to Maintenance and do your firmware update.

this worked and now I'll be able to upgrade all 16 ap's to the latest 6.5.x build.  It appears, the highest firmware version finishes in the 6.5.xxx of last major revision. in this specific case it's: ArubaInstant_Taurus_6.4.4.8-4.2.4.17_75903