Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

problem after reeboting Airwave in VMWare

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  problem after reeboting Airwave in VMWare

Posted Sep 09, 2012 06:45 PM

Hi

I have airwav runig on vm workstation ,  after instllation   once we reboot the AMP  for some reason  the GUI does not start , at the console we can see all the service is started ,

same thing when  I tried install in vmclient same hapend to be , tried 7.2,- 7.3 - ,7.4

So i hope I  am doing some thing wrong ,, the network config at VM is bridged

Can anyone help

• 2.  RE: problem after reeboting Airwave in VMWare

Posted Sep 10, 2012 12:37 PM

I've found that the services can take several minutes to start when running in a VM -- tech support has confirmed this, and pronounced it "normal" but "unexplained."

--Matthew

• 3.  RE: problem after reeboting Airwave in VMWare

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2012 01:55 PM

Typically, after the install, AMP will take roughly 5-10 minutes to start up.  A way to check is to watch the processes using the following commands:

# daemons

--> this lists out the running daemons at the moment the command is given

# wd

(this is an alias for # watch daemons)

--> this is same as above but refreshes every second

Once this list is populated to about 15 daemons, the AMP UI should be available.  If it's taking longer than 5-10 minutes, it could mean that you're hitting a potential performance issue (if that's the case, check "# top -c", make sure swap isn't being hit).