Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: Ssid not broadcasting

(Aruba3400) #show ap bss-table

fm (forward mode): T-Tunnel, S-Split, D-Decrypt Tunnel, B-Bridge (s-standard, p-persistent, b-backup, a-always)

Aruba AP BSS Table
------------------
bss ess s/p ip phy type ch/EIRP/max-EIRP cur-cl ap name in-t(s) tot-t mtu acl-state acl fm
--- --- --- -- --- ---- ---------------- ------ ------- ------- ----- --- --------- --- --
00:0b:86:67:9f:a2 N/A 1/0 192.168.0.212 e1 N/A N/A N/A 00:0b:86:67:9f:1a 0 14m:33s 1200 N/A 1 T
00:0b:86:67:9f:a3 N/A 1/0 192.168.0.212 e2 N/A N/A N/A 00:0b:86:67:9f:1a 0 14m:33s 1200 N/A 1 T
00:0b:86:67:9f:a4 N/A 1/0 192.168.0.212 e3 N/A N/A N/A 00:0b:86:67:9f:1a 0 14m:33s 1200 N/A 1 T
00:0b:86:67:9f:a5 N/A 1/0 192.168.0.212 e4 N/A N/A N/A 00:0b:86:67:9f:1a 0 14m:33s 1200 N/A 1 T

Channel followed by "*" indicates channel selected due to unsupported configured channel.

Num APs:4
Num Associations:0

and this...........:confused:
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

It looks like the radios are not enabled. Can you show screen shots of the 11a and 11g radio profiles (or do "show ap-group RAP-guaymas", see which radio profiles are in use, then do "show rf dot11a-radio-profile " and "show rf dot11g-radio-profile "). Make sure the "radio enabled" parameter is checked or enabled.
Highlighted
Contributor II

yes it looks like that and the radio is enable, and the radio profile are in default, i do a fresh install again, i will try it again.
Highlighted
Contributor II

i made a wr erase all and start over with the Wizard and the result is the same, the RAP is autenticated and UP.

But the SSID is not broadcasting, the wired port are member of the VLAN 20 and the DHCP is the Aruba and doesnt work. But if i made the GigE 3 member for the VLAN 20 on the controller i can get an IP form the DHCP.

Could be the problem the DSL modem of the RAP side? does anyone had this type of problem before?
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Could not be the Cable modem. You should look at the command below:

show ap details ap-name

It will tell you what your config is, really.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Contributor II

can be this problem?

192.168.170.200 it is the VLAN IP of the Firewall LAN side, this men is the NAT device form the public and the default gateway.

192.168.170.1 Is the Ip of the Aruba controller for the VLAN 170

RAP POOL 192.168.170.50-192.168.170.80

Im think if a create the Lopback IP on the segment vlan 170 to administer the box, no ip address for the interface VLAN 170 on the controller maybe will fix it...... and start broadcast the SSID, can be an ip conflict? thats the reason the SSID its not boradcasting:confused:

:confused:
Highlighted
Guru Elite

If the VLAN that a Virtual AP is configured for is not on the controller, that is the biggest reason why a WLAN does not broadcast. Since "show profile-errors" does not show anything, you do not have that problem.

If you have an access point configured as an Air monitor, it will not broadcast the SSID. If you run the command "show ap details ap-name " it should tell you that.

If the AP is in a group that does not have a Virtual AP configured, it will not broadcast the SSID.

My advice to you is to create a simple SSID for internal use, and make sure it works on a regular AP internally. When that works, extend that to a remote AP.

Otherwise, please open a support case so that they can figure this out.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Have you solved this issue? we're facing almost same problem. RAP 2WG and 5WN SSID and eth1 port just stopped working, tunnel is up and there's no config errors, they are all in default group with other RAPs 125 which are working without any problem, first we tough it's hardware and provisioned two 2WG but they behaves same which is not case with 125. There was no config changes for quite sometime. Controller is 3200 and ArubaOS version 5.0.0.0.

here's some info for one of RAP-2WGs

(c01-aruba3200) #show ap database | include sthlm_2wg2
sthlm_2wg2 default RAP-2WG 10.50.50.65 Up 2m:48s R-c 172.17.0.2

(c01-aruba3200) #show ap active ap-name sthlm_2wg2

Active AP Table
---------------
Name Group IP Address 11g Clients 11g Ch/EIRP/MaxEIRP 11a Clients 11a Ch/EIRP/MaxEIRP AP Type Flags Uptime Outer IP
---- ----- ---------- ----------- ------------------- ----------- ------------------- ------- ----- ------ --------
sthlm_2wg2 default 10.50.50.65 0 0 RAP-2WG RE 3m:17s x.x.x.x

Flags: R = Remote AP; P = PPPOE; E = Wired AP enabled; A = Enet1 in active/standby mode;
L = Client Balancing Enabled; D = Disconn. Extra Calls On; B = Battery Boost On;
X = Maintenance Mode; d = Drop Mcast/Bcast On; N = 802.11b protection disabled;
a = Reduce ARP packets in the air; M = Mesh; C = Cellular; K = 802.11K Enabled;

Channel followed by "*" indicates channel selected due to unsupported configured channel.

Num APs:1

(c01-aruba3200) #show ap bss-table ap-name sthlm_2wg2

fm (forward mode): T-Tunnel, S-Split, D-Decrypt Tunnel, B-Bridge (s-standard, p-persistent, b-backup, a-always)

Aruba AP BSS Table
------------------
bss ess s/p ip phy type ch/EIRP/max-EIRP cur-cl ap name in-t(s) tot-t mtu acl-state acl fm
--- --- --- -- --- ---- ---------------- ------ ------- ------- ----- --- --------- --- --
00:24:6c:cd:0b:d3 N/A 1/0 10.50.50.65 e1 N/A N/A N/A sthlm_2wg2 0 5m:38s 1200 N/A 1 T

Num APs:1
Num Associations:0
Highlighted
Guru Elite

In your output from "show ap database" I see the R-c flag. That means you accidentally have an authorization profile attached to your RAP.

Go to configuration> wireless> AP configuration. Edit the group that the AP is in. Expand the AP section and remove the Authorization profile (make sure it is N/A).

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi!

in default group we have following reference:

(c01-aruba3200) #show ap authorization-profile default

AP Authorization profile "default" (Predefined (editable))
----------------------------------------------------------
Parameter Value
--------- -----
AP authorization group NoAuthApGroup

(c01-aruba3200) #show ap-group NoAuthApGroup | include 'AP authorization profile'
AP authorization profile N/A

basically it's same as setting N/A?