Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

3rd Party web filter (Lightspeed) intergation with CPPM

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  3rd Party web filter (Lightspeed) intergation with CPPM

Posted Oct 15, 2015 10:45 PM

Can you or how do get CPPM or the controllers to pass the users credentials to the web filter so that the users  ie: students and staff get the correct web rights. 

If I configure the aaa authentication-server radius to the Lightspeed appliance there is a question of scalability.  Is there a way to get CPPM to pass the credentials to the filter?

My CPPM is at 6.5.3

• 2.  RE: 3rd Party web filter (Lightspeed) intergation with CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2015 10:48 PM
    Does the web filter have an identity API? How about RADIUS accounting or syslog support? 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: 3rd Party web filter (Lightspeed) intergation with CPPM

Posted Oct 16, 2015 08:45 AM

I am sure the Lightspeed appliance has Radius accounting.  It can be used as a Raduis server.  In my AAA profile I can set Lightspeed as the radius server and it seems to work.

RADIUS Server "LightSpeed"
    --------------------------
    Parameter Value
    --------- -----
    Host 10.175.4.131
    Key ********
    Auth Port 1812
    Acct Port 1813
    Retransmits 3
    Timeout 15 sec
    NAS ID N/A
    NAS IP N/A
    Enable IPv6 Disabled
    NAS IPv6 N/A
    Source Interface N/A
    Use MD5 Disabled
    Use IP address for calling station ID Disabled
    Mode Enabled
    Lowercase MAC addresses Disabled
    MAC address delimiter none
    Service-type of FRAMED-USER Disabled

Employee.PNG

• 4.  RE: 3rd Party web filter (Lightspeed) intergation with CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2015 08:47 AM
    Can it receive accounting information without being the radius server though? 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 5.  RE: 3rd Party web filter (Lightspeed) intergation with CPPM

Posted Oct 16, 2015 04:32 PM

It is amazing what happens when you get things from between your ears and out on paper in a message posting.  You can see things clearly.

Yes the web filter is a AAA server that takes data on ports 1812 and 1813.  So I edited the AAA profile on the Virtual-ap to send the port 1812 traffic to CPPM and the port 1813 traffic to the web filter.

• 6.  RE: 3rd Party web filter (Lightspeed) intergation with CPPM
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2015 12:17 PM

FYI:  The LightSpeed web filter could not handle the volume of 1813 traffic.  Not sure if it needs both 1812 & 1813 traffic.  I know that the CPPM needs 1812 & 1813 traffic.  This time I am going to use the proxy feature under the network services on the CPPM to send both ports of traffic to the web filter.