Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

Posted Oct 24, 2019 03:19 PM

This is gonna be a double question.

#1 Under AirWave Event logs I see that the mobility controller is failing to authenticate on AirWave.

Thu Oct 24 14:11:43 2019SystemDeviceAruba 7210 SERVER_NAME-MASTER-CONTROLLER ExecUIQuery login failure: invalid credentials.50TopARUBA-CONTROLLERS

How can I fix this issue ?
    Where do I find the appropriate fields on AirWave & the Controller ?

I can authenticate on my Airwave server using my AD Credentials via HTTPS.
    I canNOT authenticate to my Airwave server using any known credential via SSH.
    I loggged to the AirWave server via HTTP and reviewed the "Device Setup /Communication" tab.
    I see an entry for SNMP community string, but there are no SSH/Telnet creds. I made an attempt to enter static creds on this tab,, but still not able to authenticate via SSH to my Airwave.

Any advice would be of value.

• 2.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 08:50 AM

The following message states, Airwave is not able to talk to the controller over the ssh(using the ssh credentials of controller given on Airwave). If we dont have this provided please navigate to the particular controller's manage page on Airwave and provide the ssh credentials.

• 3.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

Posted Oct 25, 2019 02:29 PM

Thank you for your help.
    I am not sure I understand your recommendation.

Are you saying that on AirWave I need to go to
    DeviceSetup>Communication and then find the the entry for Aruba Switch from the list & then enter the admin creds for the controllers ?

• 4.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 11:47 AM

No, you have to go to the particular device on Airwave, then the manage page for that device. There we will see the option to provide SSH credentials for that device. We have to update the credentials there. Below is a screen shot for reference.

ManagePage.png

• 5.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

Posted Oct 28, 2019 02:37 PM
      |   view attached

Vishnu,

I do not have a tab that says "Manage" under "Devices"

What am I doing wrong ?
    Do I not have true Admin access to my airwave.
    Please see attached for my menu choices when I am logged on to my Airwave.

• 6.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 02:44 PM

You are on the wrong page. We have to select the device for which we are having the issue. In this case Aruba 7210 SERVER_NAME-MASTER-CONTROLLER. It will take us the monitor page of the device. This time you should be able to see a manage tab on left.

• 7.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:01 PM

Yes,,, I went as instructed to
    Groups > List & then dropped down to see "Controllers"

Then I clicked on "Master Controller"
    and then I saw the "Manage" tab.

On the manage tab I entered a user name "Admin".. and a password  for user Admin,,, but when I SSH to the AirWave server,, those creds fail.

• 8.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:06 PM

Those credentials are for Airwave to SSH into the controller and not to ssh into the Airwave.
    For ssh into Airwave you have to ampadmin user and pass if you are on 8.2.4.x and above.

• 9.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

Posted Oct 28, 2019 02:54 PM
      |   view attached

I found the "manage' page.
    Not sure how,, but I found it (see attached)
    On the "manage page" of Airwave , I entered the creds for a user called "admin". (and saved the entry)

Then I made an attempt to SSH to Airwave & my creds failed.

What do I need to do in order to ensure that devices have the correct creds for Airwave ?

• 10.  RE: 7210 fails to authenticate on Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:00 PM

The "admin" credential you provide on Airwave should be of the controller. SSH login should be tried from Airwave to the Controller using the provided crendentials.