Security

New Contributor

AD integration with Aruba Controller

Hi All,

I have aruba 7210 controllers running on aos 6.4.3.5. Is there any way to integrate Active Directory with the aruba Controllers except through RADIUS method?

If yes , what would be the configuration on Controllers side?

Regards

Sachin

Guru Elite

Re: AD integration with Aruba Controller

It's recommended to use a RADIUS server, but LDAP can be used with certain restrictions. 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-LDAP-on-the-Aruba-controller/ta-p/184056

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Guru Elite

Sachin wrote:

Hi All,

I have aruba 7210 controllers running on aos 6.4.3.5. Is there any way to integrate Active Directory with the aruba Controllers except through RADIUS method?

If yes , what would be the configuration on Controllers side?

Regards

Sachin

LDAP is fine if you are only authenticating AD users via captive portal.  If you are using 802.1x, LDAP has too many client restrictions to deploy at scale.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor II

hello Tim and Joseph, 

curious to know what kind of restriction users may face, please could you provide some details for visibility.

Thank you !

Guru Elite

I don't understand.  This thread is also two years old.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Joseph, 

sorry for not being more specific, 

I'm thinking about an integration of Aruba controller with Windows AD, and I noticed in your contribution that it feasible but LDAP had too many restrictions for users. 

so I would like to know what kind of restriction we may face?

thank you!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: