Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

About OnGuard dissolvable agent

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  About OnGuard dissolvable agent

Posted Jan 31, 2019 09:26 AM

Hi guys,

I thought the OnGuard dissolvable agent doesn't require any application to be installed. Yesterday I was checking the SEEL ClearPass OnGuard dissolvable demo (no RAP), and when you click on the link, the browser requests you to install an agent. After the installation, the agent checks your computer and says the verdict. I saw the agent was active while checking the computer, and after the checks the agent process disappeared, which goes with the idea of dissolvable agents. But as said, at the beginning of the process I had to install an agent, which I know is required with the persistent agent. But with the dissolvable agent, is this always required? Or is this only needed in the SEEL ClearPass OnGuard dissolvable demo?

Regards,
    Julián

• 2.  RE: About OnGuard dissolvable agent

Posted Jan 31, 2019 12:40 PM

Hi,

I have checked, and in the OnGuard administration part of CPPM, in OnGuard Settings, you can see there are agent installers for both persistent and dissolvable agents, attached image:

onguard.png

Then, even being dissolvable, you need an installer. Is that right? Is there anyway to have a dissolvable agent with no need to install anything?

Regards,

Julián

• 3.  RE: About OnGuard dissolvable agent
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 12:48 PM
    A helper app is installed but it does not run in the background.

• 4.  RE: About OnGuard dissolvable agent

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 12:48 PM
    It's not an agent, it's just a helper app similar to GTM or WebEx.

• 5.  RE: About OnGuard dissolvable agent

Posted Jan 31, 2019 01:21 PM
    OK, then, if this isn't an agent but a helper app, where is the dissolvable agent? Is that like a Java applet which needs the helper app to do the checks?

Regards,
    Julian

• 6.  RE: About OnGuard dissolvable agent

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 01:29 PM
    In the browser and part of the helper app