Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Access to Fortigate devices via CPPM TACACS

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Access to Fortigate devices via CPPM TACACS

Posted Aug 09, 2018 06:14 AM

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with settings up TACACS+ via CPPM for Fortigate devices?  If so does anyone have a pre-made dictionary they can share and a few simple steps?

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

• 2.  RE: Access to Fortigate devices via CPPM TACACS

MVP
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 10:55 PM

I don't have an existing dictionary you can import, but here's the information you would need to add:

You need to create 2 different Shell Profiles (Full Admin and Read-Only). They should have the following attributes.....

Full Admin

service=fortigate

memberof=<group name>

admin_prof=<profile name>

Read-Only

service=fortigate

memberof=<group name>

admin_prof=<profile name>

Hope that helps. I don't have a device to test with, but I believe that is correct.

• 3.  RE: Access to Fortigate devices via CPPM TACACS

Posted Sep 03, 2018 06:22 AM

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.  I'm trying to authenticate 2 user’s types, 1 with super_admin access and one with readonly access. The issue I’ve been having is getting remote authorization working on the Fortigate.  I can authenticate users using CPPM TACACS but authorization isn’t working.

The issue appears to be on the CPPM side and that the shell profile isn’t matching something on the Fortigate. The error message I see in CPPM and the shell profile is attached.

At the moment, I'm trying to get remote-auth to work for super_admin access by setting the admin profile to noaccess.

On the Fortigate I have set remote-auth, wildcard, accprofile-override and radius-vdom-override to enable.

I hope this makes sense, if not let me know needs clarifying.

Thanks

Sean

• 4.  RE: Access to Fortigate devices via CPPM TACACS

Posted Oct 18, 2018 04:42 AM

I created 2 different Shell Profiles (Full Admin and Read-Only) with the attributes stated above but it didnt work.

The Fortigate authenticate all users but doesn't authorize them meaning CPPM doesn't overide the local admin profile.