Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

AirGroup - Users able to mirror to AppleTVs on the same AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirGroup - Users able to mirror to AppleTVs on the same AP

Posted Apr 10, 2019 07:31 AM

Hi,

I've got a bit of an issue with AirGroup wireless clients are able to see Apple TVs (which are associated to the same AP).

Setup:

1 x MM

2 x 7210 MDs

1 x CPPM

AirGroup configured in centralised mode. CPPM enforce registration. No auto associate services are configured.

We are migrating from AOS6 to AOS8 and have been using ClearPass to manage access to 80 or so Apple TV. The ATVs are shared by AP Group and certain user roles. This setup has been working fine on AOS6 but since upgrading to AOS8 wireless clients who are in a role which is not in the list of shared roles, are seeing and are able to mirror screens to the ATVs which are associated to the same AP.

Any advice?

• 2.  RE: AirGroup - Users able to mirror to AppleTVs on the same AP

Posted Apr 11, 2019 08:04 AM

It appears that the issue wasn't with the Wi-Fi (well not the Aruba Wi-Fi)

I'm able to mirror my screen when the Wi-Fi is OFF on both the iPad and the Apple TV. Some direct connect Wi-Fi going on.

FYI Apple TV Model: Apple TV HD (4th Gen)

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT200008#appletv-4th

• 3.  RE: AirGroup - Users able to mirror to AppleTVs on the same AP

Posted Apr 11, 2019 09:01 AM

For situations like this, I wish there was a "Discovery Stats for Nerds" - similar to the "Stats for Nerds on Youtube" that displayed a little icon next to each castable/discoverable device to show someone exactly how the device was "Discovered" - whether through Bluetooth, SSDP, mDNS, Wi-Fi Direct, etc. :-)