Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Airgroup Service IDs for Consumer Streaming Services

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Airgroup Service IDs for Consumer Streaming Services

Posted Jan 26, 2018 12:09 PM

I'm trying to provide consumer streaming services to those that live on our campus across VLANs with Airgroup. It looks like these will need to be added manually to Airgroup. In particular, I've been asked about Spotify, HBO Go, and Hulu. I don't subscribe to these services which makes identifying them a bit challenging. If you have those service IDs, would you mind sharing them? Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: Airgroup Service IDs for Consumer Streaming Services

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2018 05:12 PM

Hm. This should not be required. AirGroup is only used for the device that is the receiver (Googlecast device, AirPlay device, etc), not individual services.

Some services like Spotify can advertise themselves to assist with with their own discovery protocols, but individual media services are not something I'd recommend adding.

• 3.  RE: Airgroup Service IDs for Consumer Streaming Services

Posted Jan 30, 2018 10:21 AM

Thanks for the response. It got caught in spam.

Hmmm. TAC is telling me different. I had to add some Service IDs to get a Sonos device to work. Maybe I'm not using the correct terminology. 

• 4.  RE: Airgroup Service IDs for Consumer Streaming Services

Posted Feb 28, 2019 03:52 PM

The TAC information is correct.  Various devices that want to cast to various multicast receivers require Service IDs to properly interpret the multicast requeset and forward it as unicast, the proxy function that Airgroup is providing.  It can be a challenge to determine what the correct Serivce ID information is in an environment with new devices, services, and players all the time.  This is important in a development enviroment whre there are many devices in a broadcast domain.