Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

AmigoPod VM password recovery

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AmigoPod VM password recovery

Posted Nov 23, 2011 12:15 PM

Hi all,

I have a problem with a VMware Amigopod release 3.2. I have forfotten my administrator password.

Any ideas for recovery?

Thanks a lot.

• 2.  RE: AmigoPod VM password recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2011 12:19 PM
    I believe you can reset that from the console. You will need access to the VMware host. I believe it is a menu option there.

Zach

• 3.  RE: AmigoPod VM password recovery

Posted Nov 23, 2011 12:28 PM

Thank you Zach,

It´s a vmware machine in my Laptop... console????

Thanks

• 4.  RE: AmigoPod VM password recovery

Posted Nov 23, 2011 12:40 PM

Depending on what VMWare virtualization you are using, you should be able to access the Amigopod console through the desktop console or infrastructure client.

From the console there is an option to reset the password as shown in the screenshot below (the default is amigopod).

Given you may have lost the admin password to log in to the console, you can try logging in using as root and the original password you created during the install of Amigopod. During the installation wizard, the admin password is mirrored to the root account as well so hopefully you can remember this original password.

password reset

If you have lost both admin and root passwords, then your best bet is to log a case with support and they can step you through a recovery procedure.

• 5.  RE: AmigoPod VM password recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2011 01:49 PM
    If you are using VMWare server, the console is typically via web browser, using IE.

Otherwise, there should be a console option from within the VM management application.

Zach

• 6.  RE: AmigoPod VM password recovery

Posted Nov 24, 2011 05:08 AM

Thank you Zach,

you're right. I've lost my installation user and administrator user.

I'll try to open a case.

Regards.