Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple devices cant obtain VC managed IP addresses

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Apple devices cant obtain VC managed IP addresses

Posted May 31, 2019 04:56 AM

Hello Everyone,

As title says I have this issue where only apple devices specificly cannot obtain IP addresses when using Magic DHCP. Network assigned option works just fine but I would like to use Magic DHCP to seperate the networks (magic for guests and network assigned for internal use). Any other devices get their IPs just fine.

Other info: When connecting from an Apple device to the Guest SSID, Aruba VC sees that Apple device as a client, gets the readings from speed etc and gives out the IP. However Apple device at the end does not get the IP. Whats more after a few reconnects it somehow gets it, but it happens like 10% of the time so that is really not a solution.

For now it seems that Magic DHCP is not working at all for mentioned Apple devices. Before I somehow managed to connect them by disconnectiong them using VC panel and then reconnecting.

• 2.  RE: Apple devices cant obtain VC managed IP addresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2019 06:47 AM

What is your user acl?

• 3.  RE: Apple devices cant obtain VC managed IP addresses

Posted May 31, 2019 07:10 AM

Hello, not sure what do you mean by User ACL, Im very new to this. 

Additional info: Access rules unrestricted. Tried different encryptions, now using WPA2. We use AD to authenticate only into coorporate network, but as mentioned all devices work fine except for the Apple ones and from time to time they do get the IP.

• 4.  RE: Apple devices cant obtain VC managed IP addresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2019 07:38 AM

Maybe others can comment.  I don't know under what circumstances that would happen.

• 5.  RE: Apple devices cant obtain VC managed IP addresses

Posted Jun 03, 2019 04:49 AM

Tried different bands, set static IP. Still no luck.

FYI Aruba VC version is 8.4.0.0_68230

Forgot to mention: When we set IP assignment to Network assigned (Our coorporate DHCP server), Apple devices catches the IP from coorporate pool and works just fine. Issue seems to be with the Virtual Controller DHCP.