Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto-print function on the self-registration portal

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Auto-print function on the self-registration portal

Posted Apr 20, 2012 07:43 AM
    Hi, I try to come up with a solution to get a printed receipt when a guest submits his details on the self-registration portal. Either by adding a function like "submit-and-print" or when the next page loads (with the generated login etc). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Auto-print function on the self-registration portal

Posted Apr 23, 2012 04:37 AM

Hi!

That is a standard action for the self-registration portal.

• Edit your self-registration portal
    • Click the Actions icon in the Receipt Page
    • Here you have the various options for how the guest can receive his login credentials - including print, email, download and sms.

• 3.  RE: Auto-print function on the self-registration portal

Posted Apr 23, 2012 07:35 AM
    Hi jsolb, Thanks for the suggestion. From what i can tell you can only set email and sms to be auto-sent under the receipt actions menu? I know i can edit the icon and text for the print hyperlink, but nothing else? I guess is that i need to enter some code in the "footer HTML" box under the register page. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

• 4.  RE: Auto-print function on the self-registration portal

Posted Apr 23, 2012 07:50 AM

As far as I know you're correct Karlsson.

As a sidenote - what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Auto-print would be a bad idea in all the scenarios I've been involved with, since most my guests don't carry a printer. Or are you trying to auto-print to ie. a reception area printer?

In that scenario you won't be able to use the client side print anyways, but instead would have to trigger a "remote-print" through some other method.

• 5.  RE: Auto-print function on the self-registration portal

Posted Apr 23, 2012 07:59 AM
    Haha..."since most of my guest don't carry a printer"...that sentence made my day! Kind of, it's a kiosk computer in the reception area. Basically all guest need to sign in and get their name tag. So the goal is to get the name tag printed with login to the wifi network with the help of the Amigopod. So in this case we can use the client side print. Just to be clear, this page will not be used by the guests when they've already associated to the network with their own clients since they already have credentials for the network.

• 6.  RE: Auto-print function on the self-registration portal

Posted Apr 23, 2012 08:15 AM

:smileyvery-happy:

Anyways - yes adding some script to the footer section is a way to go about it. A quick trip to google tells me that it's possible to print without the default print dialog popping up, but that part I leave up to you ;)

Just remember to enclose the script content with the {literal} tags, as mentioned in the 3.5 doc on page 342.

• 7.  RE: Auto-print function on the self-registration portal

Posted Apr 23, 2012 08:17 AM
    Thanks John, I'll try that. I'll update the thread with the results.