Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Automatically Connect to Clearpass Guest on my Device

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Automatically Connect to Clearpass Guest on my Device

Posted Jan 12, 2016 01:09 PM

Our school uses Clearpass Guest, for which I have a username and password to connect to the wireless network. Recently I got an Android device and find it annoying to always open a browser to type in my credentials in order to log in. I was hoping there is a way to automatically connect to Clearpass Guest using my credentials every time I connect to the Wi-Fi network, without the need to open a browser. While this would also be handy on Windows I am mainly looking for a way to do this on Android. I could probably write a script to automate this, but I'm hoping one already exists that I can just use.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Automatically Connect to Clearpass Guest on my Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2016 01:15 PM
    You should contact your school's help desk for assistance.

• 3.  RE: Automatically Connect to Clearpass Guest on my Device

Posted Jan 12, 2016 01:17 PM

I suppose I should. I was just hoping there was a way to do this myself.

• 4.  RE: Automatically Connect to Clearpass Guest on my Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2016 01:19 PM

There may be a security reason they're asking you to login consistently.

• 5.  RE: Automatically Connect to Clearpass Guest on my Device

Posted Jan 12, 2016 01:22 PM

Possibly. Could be because they also use M86 Web Filter and couldn't figure out how to get them to play nicely together. I take it, then, that there's no way for me to automatically login to this network using existing tools?