Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Bandwidth Contract not working

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Bandwidth Contract not working

Posted Mar 29, 2012 09:48 AM

I have the bandwidth contract configured for our guest network, but it doesn't seem to be working.

The following is the bandwidth contract:

aaa bandwidth-contract tufts-guest-throttle mbits 5

Guest users get assigned to the Auth-Tufts-Guest role, which is below:

user-role Auth-Tufts-Guest
     bw-contract tufts-guest-throttle per-user upstream
     bw-contract tufts-guest-throttle per-user downstream
     session-acl guest-policy

But using iPerf testing, I was able to send 40 mbits per second. I've verify on the controller that the machine I'm testing with is in the Auth-Tufts-Guest role.

I there another step I'm missing? Those 2 configuration steps are the only ones I saw in the documentation. 

Bob

• 2.  RE: Bandwidth Contract not working

Posted Mar 29, 2012 12:11 PM

What is the forwarding mode of the VAP used for guests. Currently, bandwidth contracts are supported only for tunnel and decrypt-tunnel mode. There is no support for split-tunnel or bridge mode. Remember, that the traffc will be throttled only at the controller.

Regards,

Sathya

• 3.  RE: Bandwidth Contract not working

Posted Mar 30, 2012 10:22 AM

It is configured for tunnel, but I think it was a problem with the iPerf testing, I tried using scp and wget to transfer some files and the bandwidth rate limiting worked fine.

Bob