Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Bulk Update Endpoints via API

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Bulk Update Endpoints via API

Posted Sep 26, 2019 11:04 AM

Is it possible to update a bulk set of endpoints via the API by MAC address? I have a nightly process that filters for a specific endpoint attribute and clears that attributes by looping through the filtered results and posting a patch to update the endpoint. Depending on the number of endpoints this can take some time. Is there a way I can pass a JSON object with a list of MAC addresses as opposed to individual calls for each endpoint? I don't see a way via the API explorer, but that may just be a limitation of the explorer itself.

• 2.  RE: Bulk Update Endpoints via API

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2019 11:32 AM
    API Explorer is meant to show you the request and response to assist you in building your integration that leverages the API. It's not really designed to be the primary interface.

The bulk operation is handled by your script/app by iterating through multiple calls to the API.

• 3.  RE: Bulk Update Endpoints via API

Posted Sep 27, 2019 08:27 AM

Understood - I was browsing the API explorer specifically for bulk operation syntax, not using it as a primary interface.

My script currently loops through records and make an API request per record, but that is highly inefficient. I was hoping for the ability to perform a "Bulk Update" much like I can via Clearpass --> Configuration --> Identity --> Endpoints, but it sounds like that isn't an option.