Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

Posted Feb 21, 2019 10:26 AM

Hi I have few questions,

I am building network for client demo and want to show him downloadable roles with (QoS, ACL and so on) from Clearpass.

I have evaluation CLearpass server with self signed  https certificate, Wired Policy Enforcement guide says that I need to install clearpass root ssl certificate to swtich trusted anchors repository.

I downloaded Clearpass self signed SSL certificate root from web browser and try to push it to switch over tftp, but switch do not accept it,

I tried all certificate types : der, base-64, pem, p7b but it only says that

"Aruba-2930F-8G-PoEP-2SFPP# copy tftp ta-certificate DEMO 192.168.77.92 DEMO.crt

000M Transfer is successful
    Invalid Trust Anchor certificate.
    Aruba-2930F-8G-PoEP-2SFPP# Invalid Trust Anchor certificate"

Can someone  explain whhat I am doing wrong?

• 2.  RE: CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 10:29 AM
    Self-signed certificates are not supported.

• 3.  RE: CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

Posted Feb 21, 2019 10:31 AM

So for Clearpass downloadable roles demo deplyoment I need to buy public SSL certificate? Really?

• 4.  RE: CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 10:42 AM
    Non self-signed != Public

It can be from an internal PKI or ClearPass itself, however, it is very rare to not have a public HTTPS cert for ClearPass as it is require for many functions.

• 5.  RE: CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

Posted Jun 19, 2019 02:59 PM

You don't have to buy certificate for the demo or production. Public cert s are good for hotspot or onboard. For radius you can make certificate request from clearpass and sign it with your internal cert server. it worked for me.

• 6.  RE: CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

Posted Sep 15, 2020 05:35 AM

I had the same issue, the following worked for me.

I went to Administration>Certificates>Trust list, clicked on cert with subject "Aruba Networks Trusted Computing Root CA", enabled it, exported to TFTP, then copied to switch. The switch took it.

image.png

• 7.  RE: CLearpass Downloadable roles with Aruba 2930f switch

Posted Sep 15, 2020 05:36 AM

Clearpass version 6.9