Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CP Guest login username

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CP Guest login username

Posted Jul 23, 2013 10:30 AM

Hi,

Here is what I would like to do. The guest register with a username (and other information) and when he is redirected to the login page, the username is already filled (only the first time after the registration). So he only need to enter his password.

Is it possible to to that ?

Thanks

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: CP Guest login username

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2013 10:39 AM

Why would the guest have to enter his credentials again after registration?  Have you tried to do mac caching post guest registration? That way, the guest won't get redirected until the account expires.

• 3.  RE: CP Guest login username

Posted Jul 23, 2013 10:40 AM

Can I do this with IAP ? 

• 4.  RE: CP Guest login username

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2013 10:43 AM

Yes...absolutely.  Just enable mac auth in the ssid and point to clearpass.  On clearpass, enable/configure the service for Guest mac caching.

• 5.  RE: CP Guest login username

Posted Jul 23, 2013 10:55 AM

Ok in our case, we want guests to login everytime they want to access the network.  But I would like that after registration, the username is already filled so they only need to input their password.

• 6.  RE: CP Guest login username

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2013 03:46 PM

I woudl argue that the guest is still authenticating use its MAC address.  In the logs and such, you can still get username level reporting and visibility.  

If that isn't acceptable, then it would most likely involve some sort of cookie arrangement however, I'm not a http expert.

• 7.  RE: CP Guest login username

Posted Jul 24, 2013 02:01 AM

Ok thanks, the way we use CP is like an hotspot. So I will see how to achieve my goal.